Paging Enfatico…please get your head out of your ass. That goes for all of you, but primarily for senior recruiter Dave McLane.
Or, as I like to call him, superdave!
Superdave! McLane, whose superdave@enfatico email address helpfully tells you, in case you didn’t already know from his reputation, that he is awfully super, just sent possible the super-ist of all recruiting emails to an anonymous Creative Director…who posted it on the internet.
Because, to put it politely, he’s a little bit upset about the email. Fucking pissed off, even.
It’s all about primary sources here at this paragon of journalistic awesomeness that you may know as the Daily (Ad) Biz, so let’s get right to the email that Superdave! sent from Enfatico!
Subject: Acd position
From: Dave McLane
Date: 7/23/08 11:02 PM
Please send your portfolio to email@example.com
Sent from my iPhone
To be fair, if I were to get an email like this from someone who is actually super like, say, David Lubars or Harvey Marco or Al Kelly then I would be okay with it. They are actually super.
They are also actually really busy, really respected and really badass enough to pull something like this off without sounding like a total douchebag…even though none of them actually would. When you’re really big time, you don’t have to posture.
Enough from me, let’s take a look at the reaction of the very put out Creative Director who received the email…because, as you would expect, it’s pretty super!:
1. WHO THE FUCK DO YOU THINK YOU ARE? […] You must be Cardinal Richelieu come back from a past life. Since you seem so fond of barking out instructions without any benefit at the end for your personal slaves who are duty bound to fork over their life’s work.
2. WHAT THE FUCK DID YOU EXPECT FROM YOUR ONE SENTENCE, INFORMATIONLESS EMAIL? […] I’m suddenly DYING to work for a place that wants to litter the earth with shitty Dell computers.
3. JUST EXACTLY WHAT FUCKING POSITION IS AVAILABLE??? “Acd position”? Does that mean an ACD position? Or A CD position? There’s this fucking thing called a goddamn SHIFT key. Look into it when you’re not pretending to be somebody with their shit together. […]
4. DO YOU THINK ANYONE GIVES A FLYING FUCK THAT YOU HAVE AN IPHONE?
5. DO YOU REALLY THINK PEOPLE LOOKING FOR A CAREER WILL BE IMPRESSED BY YOUR ONE SENTENCE EDICT EMAIL? Maybe people looking for a career at Enfatico […]
For the whole post click here and like it.